The hood, together with the battery-powered SR 500 fan and approved filters are included in the Sundström fan-assisted respiratory
protection device systems. The breathing hose of the hood is connected to the fan, equipped with a filter. The pressure generated
in the hood prevents particles and other pollutants from entering the hood.
The hoods can also be used with the SR 507 compressed air equipment. This combination forms a breathing apparatus designed
for continuous airflow, for connection to a compressed air supply.
The equipment can be used as an alternative to filter respirators in all situations for which filter respirators are recommended.
This applies particularly to work that is hard, warm or of long duration.
The SR 520 hood is available in two sizes, and the SR 530 hood is available in one size.
- • Protects the respiratory organs and the crown of the head
- • Impact-resistant and chemical-resistant visor
- • The supply air keeps the visor demisted
- • Adjustable head harness
- • Permanently mounted, flexible breathing hose
- • Equipped with exhalation valve
- • The SR 530 also protects the head and shoulders, is equipped with adjustable neck fit and the distance between the
visor and the face is adjustable.
- • The hoods together with the SR 500 EX fan are approved for use in a potentially explosive atmosphere (ATEX Directive 94/9/EC).