Research has shown that picking up mice by the tail induces aversion and high anxiety and generally should be avoided. Datesand have developed reusable 3mm fit for purpose clip-on Clear Handling Tubes. They can be clipped onto cage bars, providing enrichment for mice as well as being an extremely useful tool for technicians.
We offer 3 different sized Clear Handling Tubes depending on your needs, including these 110mm clip-on tubes and regular 100mm and 130mm tubes.
Although handling tunnels do not have to be present in the home cage to be effective, having a handling tunnel in the home cage increases recognition of a familiar safe site as well as providing cage enrichment. – (www.nc3rs.org.uk/handling-and-restraint) The elevated handling tube will minimise the risk of accidental cage flooding.
Registered Design EU UK No 004537777g0001
Design Patent US
- • Clips on to the cage bars
- • Bidirectional fitting
- • Made from 3mm thick clear polycarbonate
- • High-Grade Polycarbonate
- • Injection Moulded for smoother edges
- • 50mm inside diameter
- • Reduces handling anxiety and stress
- • Makes animal observations easier
- • Reduces the risk of being bitten
- • Minimal physical contact required
- • Autoclavable at 121ºC and cagewasher safe
View Chemical Resistance For Polycarbonate Products
Product Care Guidelines
Certificate Of Analysis