Research has shown that picking up mice by the tail induces aversion and high anxiety and generally should be avoided. Mice are quick to habituate to tunnel handling and can subsequently be restrained by the scruff or tail base for procedures or health and welfare assessments without negating the positive impacts of the non-aversive capture. To reduce stress and help you gain more accurate results while testing, Datesand have developed reusable 3mm fit for purpose Clear Handling Tubes.
We offer 3 different sized Clear Handling Tubes depending on your needs, including 100mm, 130mm and 110mm clip-on tubes.
• Made from 3mm thick clear polycarbonate
• High-Grade Polycarbonate
• Injection Moulded for smoother edges
• 50mm inside diameter
• Reduces handling anxiety and stress
• Makes animal observations easier
• Reduces the risk of being bitten
• Minimal physical contact required
• Autoclavable at 121ºC and cagewasher safe
For information and guidance on tunnel handling of mice, please see the NC3Rs website: www.nc3rs.org.uk/how-to-pick-up-a-mouse
Product Care Guidelines
Certificate Of Analysis
New video tutorial released by NC3R’s: mouse handling made easier
Covered by our 1 year warranty